Happy Thursday Everyone!
I had some old closet accordion doors that were previously used as a headboard in college. I had no use for them, so I decided to remake them into something for my house: a bookshelf!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Accordion closet door (2 panels in one door) or 2 wood shutters
- Power drill
- 6- 12″x 24″ pieces of pine planks (buy a large plank at Home Depot or Lowes and ask for an employee to cut the wood to the desired lengths)
- 24- 1.5″ screws
- Minwax mahogany stain
- Paint brush & rag
- Paint (optional)
- Sandpaper (optional)
- Remove the pins in the hinges to separate the panels
- Sand the panels to ensure new paint will adhere to the wood (optional)
- Paint the doors the new color of your choice, two coats (optional)
- Paint the pine planks the stain color of your choice (I chose the deep mahogany to contrast the cream) Let dry for 24 hours outside
- Space the planks to the appropriate distances you want the shelves spaced apart
- Screw the shelves into the panels (2 screws on each side of the shelves)
- Decorate and style as desired
Let me know how your bookshelf turns out!