Happy Friday, Embarque Readers!
I hope you’re week has gone well! I apologize for the delay on a new post, I was up in the lovely state of Minnesota visiting my family.
Today’s post is FULL of information. There are three parts, so let’s get started…
1.) I want to let you know that Embarque & Co. is now on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. This now allows you to read about home decor, recipes, DIY projects and favorite places at a much faster rate. You can find me at:
2.) Minneapolis Restaurant
Random Note: If you’re ever in Minneapolis, there’s one place you MUST go for a late night dinner: The Red Stag Supperclub. We went there to celebrate my mom’s birthday, and we had the best time. They even have have live music on the weekends. It has an old-world atmosphere, with hearty entrees (and vegan options too).
3.) DIY Jewelry Tray
Enamel jewelry trays are everywhere, and generally overpriced. Here is an easy and inexpensive alternative that takes 2 minutes flat.
What you need:
- Picture Frame (Mine was $15, but you can find beautiful ones for $6 at HomeGoods)
- Scrapbook Paper ($1.20 at Michaels with online coupon)
- Find a picture frame that has steep edges and a piece of scrapbooking paper that coordinates with the frame (Gentlemen, you can find masculine frames at about as well for your watches and cufflinks)
- Take the back off the frame and trace the faux picture (that the frame comes with) on the scrapbooking paper
- Cut out the traced shape and insert into the frame
- Put the back of the frame back on and place your jewelry on the tray