Good day, Embarquers,
I recently had the majority of a rotisserie chicken leftover, so I decided to find a delicious chicken salad recipe to use up the rest of the chicken. I adapted my recipe from Chungah on Damn Delicious. This is a great make-ahead recipe that allows you to have a delicious quick lunch waiting for you after a long morning. What’s even better, there’s NO mayonnaise in this recipe.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, shredded (~4 Cups)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup Craisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon (squeezed for lemon juice)
- 3 splashes of orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional, garlic salt to taste
- Wash your fruits and vegetables before cutting
- For washing grapes, the most efficient way is through salt and baking soda. Sprinkle grapes with salt and baking soda. Rub the grapes together and wash with water
3. Chop up the chicken, red onion, apple, celery and grapes
4. Combine all the ingredients in in a large bowl (Chicken, red onion, apple, celery, grapes, Craisins, almonds, greek yogurt, lemon juice, orange juice, and garlic powder) and mix until thoroughly distributed.
5. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour (for all of the flavors to marinade)
Once you try this recipe, there is no going back to any other chicken salads.