I’m quite excited to share this new recipe of a household staple, chicken noodle soup. There are few things better than a big bowl of homemade soup on a cold winter day.
This was a bit of a trial and error and adapting different recipes, but I think this turned out quite delicious.
Embarque & Co’s Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (Serves 8-10)
- 3- 48 oz containers of Free Range Organic Chicken Stock
- 10 oz Wide Egg noodles
- 2 cups of cubed or pulled chicken
- 1.5 cups of chopped celery
- 1.5 cups of chopped carrots
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic minced
- 7 bay leaves
- 12 thyme sprigs (de-twigged)
- A handful of fresh basil (ripped)
- Pour the chicken stock into a large pot on the stove, and bring to a boil
- Chop the chicken, celery, carrots, onion, mushrooms, garlic, and basil
3. Add the noodles to the chicken stock and boil until al dente (~4 minutes)
4. Turn down the heat to low and add in the remaining ingredients
5. Keep the mixture at a simmer for an hour stirring occasionally
6.) Devour 😉 (this is always delicious with saltine or butter-flavored crackers)
I store this soup in quart containers in the freezer making it easy to pull out two servings at a time (and always keep one in the fridge for a quick meal).