Goooooooood Day, Embarquers!
Last week, I hosted book club in my home, and decided upon a summer theme. Let’s be honest, do we really discuss the book at book club? Maybe for 5 minutes… We’re much more concerned about the food and drinks.
Items on the menu were: Pork-filled Jalapeño Poppers, Charcuterie Skewers, Fruit Kabob Skewers and Sarasota Lemonade.
Ready to get started? Let’s do this!
Pork-Filled Jalapeño Poppers:
- 12 Jalapeños (halved and de-seeded)
- 1- 8 oz. package of Neufchatel Cheese
- 1 lb of ground breakfast pork, browned
- Cheddar Cheese (to taste)
1.) Brown the ground pork over medium heat
2.) Drain and pat the excess fat
3.) Add in the Neufchatel and mix together thoroughly, and set aside.
***Note: WEAR GLOVES WHEN CUTTING AND CLEANING THE JALAPEÑOS!!! I made the dumb mistake of not wearing gloves, and my hands were burning days later, so… don’t be me, and learn from my mistake.
4.) Wash the jalapeños, cut in half, and scoop out the seeds (I use a tomato scooper)
5.) Scoop the pork mixture into the jalapeño boats. Optional: Sprinkle with cheese
6.) Cook the jalapeños at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, and enjoy!
- 12 slices of each, Italian Meat Variety Pack (Salami, prosciutto, capocollo)
- 24 Mozzarella balls
- 24 Black and Green Olives
- 24 Cherry Tomatoes
- 12 Wooden skewers
1.) Pick your favorite combination of the items above.
2.) Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and serve!
- 12 wooden skewers
- A variety of your favorite summer fruits
Sarasota Lemonade Recipe
- 2 bottles of sweet white wine (I recommend a Riesling over a Moscato)
- 1 can of frozen pink lemonade from concentrate
- ~3 cups of Sprite (more or less depending on how much you like Sprite)
- Raspberries (for added tartness and to make a beautiful drink)
- Mix the ingredients together in a glass pitcher, and enjoy!